Saturday, July 24, 2010

Pawsalava.com

Pawsalava.com


D Udaya Kumar Biography, Photos, Occupation

Posted: 23 Jul 2010 09:22 PM PDT

Udaya Kumar Dharmalingam is the designer of the Indian rupee symbol. He is an assistant professor at IIT Guwahati. His design was selected from among five short listed symbols. Udaya Kumar explained that the design is based on the Indian tricolour.

D.Udaya Kumar was born on 10 October 1978 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.

Age: 31 in 2010

Alma mater:

IDC, IIT Bombay (PhD)

IDC, IIT Bombay (MDes)

Anna University (B.Arch.)

Occupation: Assistant professor, IIT Guwahati

Known for: The designer of Indian rupee symbol (2010)

D Udaya Kumar Photos

WSJ: What difference has winning this made to your life?

D.Udaya Kumar: After winning, I have been receiving calls and wishes from all over the world, I am really thankful to them. I should say I have earned lots of people's good wishes, their love and affection. At a personal level, I would always like to remain the same whether it was before the results or after. I hope and pray to God that pride doesn't get into my mind.

More at http://j.mp/b9IM2X

0 comments:

Post a Comment